This Hexagon Table Topper Tutorial is a free pattern.
This is a beginner sewing tutorial that will walk you through each step along the way in the video tutorial.
*This post contains affiliate links, if you shop through them I will make a small commission which allows me to continue to make these free tutorials for you. I appreciate your support.
Hexagon Table Topper Finished Measurements:
Your hexagon table topper will measure 18.5″ from edge to edge and 21.5″ from point to point. If you add a machine binding to the outer edge it may end up a little larger, but not by much.
Hexagon Table Topper Tutorial
You Will Need:
- 3-5 different prints of Cotton Fabric, Quilters Cotton is best as it is thicker.
- Fusible Fleece (Half Yard) I Like the brand Pellon 987F. It comes in 22″ Wide & 45″ Wide. Either one will work (3/4 Yard).
- Cotton Fabric for the Backing (3/4 Yard).
- All-Purpose Thread.
- Ruler with 60 Degree Line: OLFA 6″ x 24″ Frosted Acrylic Ruler or Omni Right Hand or Omni Left Hand or Shiney Merry (I don’t have this one….but would buy it if I didn’t already have one!)
- Rotary Cutter
- Cutting Mat 24″ by 36″
- Wool Pressing Mat or Ironing Board
- Iron (My Fav is this Oliso Smart Iron….but it’s a splurge)
- Basic Sewing Essentials, Sewing Machine.
- Cut 5 Strips of Fabric for the hexagon table topper.
- Fabric needs to be 42″ Wide. Width of Fabric (WOF), Selvage to Selvage.
- Cut strips 2.5″ by WOF.
- Fusible Fleece and the Backing fabric will be cut to the exact shape of the finished table topper.
- Optional: Binding (two strips of 2.5″ by WOF sewn together will be plenty).
Watch the Video Tutorial HERE:
To follow along and sew the Hexagon Table Topper, watch the video tutorial HERE.
If you want to finish your table topper with sewing machine binding check this tutorial HERE.
Try some more beginner quilting ideas HERE.
Please pin the below image to share this project with others. I appreciate your help in spreading the word!