Learn how to sew an easy stuffed animal hammock following this simple video sewing tutorial.
You can easily adjust the length and even the depth of this stuffed animal hammock depending on your needs.
Below you can see the top hammock is the large size and the bottom is the small size. But don’t be fooled! You can fit a lot of stuffies in one of these!
*This post contains affiliate links, if you shop through them I will make a small commission which allows me to continue to make these free tutorials for you. I appreciate your support.
You Will Need:
- 1 Piece of cotton fabric. I often use quilters cotton. Make it extra fun and use a glow in the dark fabric like the one I used from Michael Miller Fabrics.
- Two Ties: This can be done with rope, ribbon, or even scrap fabric. (cut both ties no longer than 3 feet in length.)
- Loop Turner (this is so cheap and a MUST HAVE in your sewing box) But if you want you can easily use a safety pin to push your ties on through instead.
Stuffie Hammock Cut List:
For the Small and Large Sizes I included the selvages into my measurements and didn’t cut them off. This is how I got 44″ Wide with one piece of fabric. (Cotton Fabrics often measure 42″ – 44″ from selvage to selvage)
Size Small: Cut your piece 23″ Deep by 44″ Wide. (3/4 Yard of fabric needed)
Size Large: Cut your piece 36″ Deep by 44″ Wide. (1 Yard of fabric needed)
Size Extra Large: Cut your piece square, 44″ by 44″ (I recommend this one if you are trying to wrangle a whole bunch of those massive stuffies like squishmallows!).
And if you want the stuffie hammock even wider than the 44″ you are welcome to make it even longer…perhaps 44″ by 60″?
How to Hang the Stuffed Animal Hammock:
There are a few different options when hanging your stuffed animal hammock.
- Quality Wall anchors like THESE.
- Heavy Duty Command Strip Hooks like THESE.
- Use some nails into studs.
- Hang with hooks on a peg board.
Watch the Video Tutorial HERE:
To follow along and sew your own stuffed animal hammock watch the video tutorial HERE.
I hope you enjoy using your storage hammock as much as I do!
Please pin the below image to share this project with others. I appreciate your help in spreading the word!