This 3D Pinwheel table runner pattern works perfectly with a charm square pack. Charm Squares measure 5″ by 5″.
*This post contains affiliate links, if you shop through them I will make a small commission which allows me to continue to make these free tutorials for you. I appreciate your support.
3D Pinwheel Table Runner Finished Size:
This table runner will finish at approximately 36″ by 12.5″.
You Will Need:
- One Charm Pack of 42 5″ by 5″ Squares OR Cut 40 5″ by 5″ Squares from your quilters cotton scrap pile.
- The Charm Square pack I used came from Annies Kit Clubs. I highly recommend checking them out HERE! Use the code SHARE50 for 50% off your first order.
- Small Piece of Fabric for the middle.
- Fabric for Backing.
- Fabric for Binding (Cut 4. 2.5″ fabric strips and sew them together end to end.
- Spinning Cutting Board (optional BUT SO HELPFUL!!!)
- Cut the Charm pack squares in half and then in half again. You will end up with 4 stacks of squares all measuring at 2.5″ by 2.5″
- Cut the small middle strip of fabric at 4.5″ by 28″
- Cut the backing fabric and batting around 2″ larger on all four sides then the 3D pinwheel table top piece, so around 40″ by 16.5″.
- Cut the binding strips at 2.5″ by WOF (Width of Fabric), you will need 4 strips sewn together end to end.
Watch the Video Tutorial HERE:
To follow along and put your pinwheel table runner together watch the video tutorial HERE.
How to Quilt and Add Binding to a table runner or quilt:
To learn how to quilt using a sewing machine watch this tutorial HERE.
To learn how to to add binding using a sewing machine watch this tutorial HERE.
Please pin the below image to share this project with others. I appreciate your help in spreading the word.